Not long ago, I met Jenifer Ann at MegaCon and recently got a chance to interview her for our Cosplayer of the Month feature article. In the interview, Jenifer discusses crafting costumes, gives cosplay advice and reviews The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
I met you in Orlando. Are you based there?
– “No. I am actually based out of Jacksonville, FL.”
How did you originally get interested in cosplaying?
– “My friend, who owns a costume shop here, got me into cosplay back when I modeled for her store, Three Muses Clothing.”
How long have you been cosplaying?
– “Since 2008.”
What was your very first costume?
– “Slave Leia (MTFBWY).”
Do you sew your costumes by hand?
– “Mostly by machine and sometimes by hand, for smaller details.”
How many costumes would you say you’ve created?
– “About 15 or so.”
Which costume would you say you’re recognized for wearing?
– “Psylocke or Wonder Woman.”
If you could give beginning cosplayers some advice, what would it be?
– “Start small and watch YouTube tutorials! Lots of help and take breaks before you rip all the costume apart out of frustration. Go back to it later.”
How many conventions do you normally attend per year?
– “I attend about 10-20 a year.”
Was this year’s Megacon the first you’ve attended?
– “No. I have been to MegaCon twice before that.”
What was your highlight for Megacon?
– “It was super packed this year and I definitely didn’t expect that. I really enjoyed running around this year and meeting other vendors and artists.”
Can you tell us a little about your Geek Fantasy Magazine feature article?
– “It’s all about Psylocke 😉 go check it out.”
I’m guessing you’re a Spider-Man fan. Did you enjoy The Amazing Spider-Man 2?
– “I liked it. I really like Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield.”
Did you have any big cosplay plans for Free Comic Book Day?
– “I was sick in bed.”
Are you a gamer? If so, what kinds of video games do you like?
– “I am a casual gamer (when I have time). I like to play Star Wars: The Old Republic and Diablo III right now, with a side of Minecraft and Clash of Clans. LOL.”
What are you currently geeking out to?
– “Green Lantern animated series on Netflix.”
What conventions will you be appearing at next?
– “Next is Ocala Comic Con and Florida Supercon.”
Is there anything else you’d like to add?
– “If you’d like to see me at one of your conventions, send ’em an email and suggest me.”
For More information:
– Jenifer’s Twitter
– Jenifer’s Facebook
– Jenifer’s Store to purchase posters, drawings, etc.
– Jenifer’s Tumblr
– Jenifer’s Raptr