This weekend, it’s time for Middle Tennessee to get geeky.
Beginning today and lasting through the weekend at the Franklin Marriott Hotel, the Geek Media Expo is an annual celebration, showcasing the popular arts, sciences, technology, engineering, mathematics and relevant cultural themes, presented as an educational and multimedia entertainment showcase. That means if you’re a geek about any topic, you’ve come to the right place.
2014 marks the sixth year for this convention — hence the Volume 6 label — which has grown dramatically each and every year. This year should be no exception.
Some of the scheduled celebrity guests to attend include:
– Lee Arenberg (Once Upon a Time, Star Trek: Voyager)
– Greg Grunberg (Heroes)
– Gigi Edgley (Farscape, Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge)
– Martin Klebba (Oz The Great and Powerful, Men In Black II)
– Kevin McNally (Pirates of the Caribbean)
– Teal Sherer (The Guild, My Gimpy Life)
– Tanya Tate (NSFW Radio Host, Cosplayer, Blogger)
– Robert J. Schwalb (Dungeons & Dragons)
– Scott Murphy (Sierra games, SpaceVenture)
– Chris Pope (SpaceVenture)
– Rick Prince (Face Off)
– Eric Stuart Band
– Marble Hornets
– The Nashville Improv Company
– and more
In addition to all of this, there will be many fun panels throughout the weekend to attend. Continually one of the best events around, the GMX Costume Contest attracts the best costumers and cosplayers in the business. Having a $1,000 cash prize tends to do that. There will be many great costumes on display for the entire weekend, but especially on Saturday.
The entire weekend of GMX is an entire blast. Make sure to get your tickets today!
For More Information:
– Geek Media Expo Website