With Halloween on the horizon and The Walking Dead returning to television, Zombies of all types take the center stage.
Happening on October 17th to 19th, Walker Stalker Con is a fan convention in Atlanta that will be featuring Zombies, horror and science-fiction subject matter. There will be many different monsters in attendance, including those of Zombies In My Blog!
Looking ahead to an undead weekend, we interviewed Walker Stalker Con Media Relations Michael “Gooth” Guthas to preview the event.
How long has Walker Stalker been throwing Zombie-themed cons?
– “Our inaugural convention took place in Atlanta, early November, last year.”
How did the show get started?
– “Walker Stalker Con is the fruit of The Walker Stalkers Podcast with James and Eric. The podcast began with an amazing trip to Senoia, GA where James and Eric were able to view the set of The Walking Dead and meet the incredible actors from the show. As a result of this experience, a podcast began and then the idea of a convention focused around recreating that same experience with the cast and crew of the show, along with talented actors and artists from other Zombie shows, movies and art.”
Did the show have a previous relationship with Skybound or AMC?
In 2014, Walker Stalker has become a touring convention. What is in store for next year?
– “WSC will have traveled to four cities in 2014; Chicago, Boston, Atlanta and NY/NJ. In 2015, seven cities; San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas, Orlando, Boston, Atlanta and NY/NJ.”
What are some non-Zombie-related topics that will be featured?
– “IronE Singleton will perform his one-man show, ‘Blindsided by The Walking Dead,’ Emily Kinney will perform a concert. We will have guests from The Vampire Diaries.”
Will any guests be returning from last year?
– “Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus will be returning for Atlanta.”
Will there be a costume contest for attendees?
– “Yes, the last panel on Sunday is the cosplay panel. Also, a costume contest will be held at the Zombie bash.”
Can you tell me a little about IronE Singleton’s one-man show?
– “‘Blindsided by the Walking Dead’ is a one-man show based on a true story that chronicles the life of The Blind Side and The Walking Dead star, IronE Singleton.”
“‘Blindsided by the Walking Dead’ shows IronE’s transformation by sharply contrasting the trials and tribulations of his life growing up destitute living in a housing project in Atlanta during the onset of the hip-hop explosion and crack epidemic to his rise to fame in the Oscar nominated and biggest box-office grossing sports movie ever, The Blind Side and subsequent landing on The Walking Dead, the biggest show in cable television history.”
“This show offers a perspective on the psyche of a young man growing up in America. Overall, this show explores the human condition and offers a solution to the issues we all encounter as human beings.”
Actress Emily Kinney will be performing a concert. Can you tell me a little about it?
– “She is a professional singer and has an album out, Expired Love.”
Are tickets still available for Walker Stalker Atlanta?
– “General admission only.”
Will anyone from AMC Studios be making any presentations or panels?
– “Gene Page who is an on-set photographer will be in attendance.”
Will Telltale Games, maker of The Walking Dead video games, have any representatives at the convention?
– “Yes, they will have booth. Also, a guest will be Melissa Hutchison who is the voice of Clementine on the game.”
Prepare us for the Zombie Bash Party. What can we expect?
[embedplusvideo height=”360″ width=”584″ editlink=”http://bit.ly/1o6Rcrv” standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/2GPe1TvlFB0?fs=1&vq=hd720″ vars=”ytid=2GPe1TvlFB0&width=584&height=360&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=1&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep9674″ /]
Is there anything else you’d like to add?
– “Walker Stalker Con is not just a convention. It is a fan meet-up and an opportunity for each guest to come away feeling like they’ve had an amazing experience and became part of a greater community of Zombie lovers! Walker Stalker Con is three days of events, panels, and experiences that Zombie fans won’t find anywhere else!”