She’s a cosplayer, she’s a Whovian and she loves comics! She’s Alice Malice and she recently made a rare appearance outside the state of Florida, appearing at Dragon Con with Geek Goddess. Check out our interview to find out more about her and where she’ll be appearing next.
How did you get introduced to cosplay?
– “I was introduced to cosplay when I was, say, 15 years old. I walked into my first convention and said, ‘I’ve got to be a part of this.’ I’ve been doing it ever since and it’s been an addiction.”
What was your first costume?
– “My first costume was Alice from Resident Evil. It’s not a great movie, but a cute outfit.”
How many costumes have you made since then?
– “Probably close to 20.”
What is your most recognized costume?
– “I’m definitely known for wearing Poison Ivy a lot and lately River Song.”
How long have you been a Doctor Who fan?
– “I have been a Whovian for about three years. I got started with (Doctor) Nine and I’ve been addicted ever since. I’ve gone back and watched pretty much everything available. I have clocked in my hours.”
Is there any chance for an upcoming Doctor Who costume?
– “I want to do a fourth-Doctor cosplay.”
How did you initially get involved with Geek Goddess?
– “Basically, I have known one of the co-owners, Jessica Nova, for a very long time and I’ve done nude cosplay for a while. She asked me, ‘Hey, babe, do you want to be a part of our Website?’ I said, ‘Yeah.’ I was one of the launch models and I’ve been with them ever since.”
How long have you been working with Geek Goddess?
– “As of Dragon Con, it has been, officially, two years.”
What kind of advice would you give to beginner cosplayers?
– “In this day and age on the Internet, there is help and resources for everything. If you need help styling a wig, look it up online. If you don’t know how to make armor, look it up. And if you can’t make anything, you can pretty much buy everything ready made, or custom made, for the right price.”
Where are you based?
– “I am from Tampa, Florida.”
Are you a gamer?
– “Yes. I love table-top roleplaying and I love video gaming — mostly on XBOX 360, the Wii U and 3DS. I play a lot of action-adventure games. I’m really addicted to Skyrim and Mass Effect, right now.”
So, you’re a big RPG fan?
What are you currently geeking out to?
– “Right now, I am super geeking out to Doctor Who — especially with the 12th Doctor — and I’m always geeking out to Marvel comics. Every week.”
Are there any specific titles that you enjoy?
– “Specifically, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, some of The X-Men titles (that’s a bit debatable), Elektra, there are so many… I read too many.”
Please tell me which costumes you’re wearing at Dragon Con this year.
– “Yesterday, I was Namora, from Marvel. Today I am Viper, Madame Hydra. Tomorrow, I’m going to be Emma Frost and then I’m going to be Kira from Star Trek.”
What upcoming conventions will you be attending next?
– “My next convention, I know for sure, is going to be Mega Con, and that’s about it. I’ve got a little bit of a break.”
Do you attend a lot of Florida conventions?
– “Yes. I love Florida cons. I go to Dragon Con pretty much every other year. I did Supercon this year. I also did New York Comic-Con last year.”
Are you, by chance, a fan of Zombies?
– “I loved Left 4 Dead. I’ve clocked in many hours for that game. I loved Zombieland, The Walking Dead (I prefer the comics), lots of various stuff.”
Is there anything else you’d like to add?
– “Thank you very much. I look forward to you all, hopefully, following me on Twitter or Tumblr. I would love to hear from you and if you could possibly sign up for My Geek Goddess, that would also be super rad.”