At least for one evening, stash your secret identity and let loose your inner child at the upcoming Way Late Play Date.
The Superheroes-themed adults-only party, hosted by Nashville’s Adventure Science Center, will feature various pop-culture characters previously found in comic books, TV shows, cartoons, movies and video games in one location. You don’t need to be The Incredible Hulk to realize this party will be a smash!
On July 23rd, you’ll be able to explore the science behind some of the world’s most amazing characters, including Ant Man: Power Comes in Tiny Packages, Magneto: Fatal Attraction and Repulsion, Storm: Chance of Reign, Mr. Freeze: Chill Out! and Gambit: I’m All In. In addition to these educational-themed activities, the entire museum is available to explore, along with the Sudekum Planetarium, which will be playing a themed movie for the event. There will also be a themed costume contest, moderated by Cosplay Collective. And to enhance the experience, local food trucks will be on the premises and Tennessee craft beer (as well as wine and soda) will be available for attendees. Don’t forget to make the evening memorable by creating your own t-shirt by Hip Hues!
Previewing the Way Late Play Date, Event Manager Jennie Stumpf helps describe the upcoming evening.
How was the theme chosen, for the upcoming Way Late Play Date?
– “We have a lot of really creative people here at Adventure Science Center. I think coming up with the Superheroes theme was a group effort. There was a Star Wars vs. Star Trek theme in the past that was popular, so the idea was a spin off of that.”
Many times comics use science fiction to create science fact. What are some science secrets of superheroes?
– “It’s true! There is actual science behind many Superheroes’ powers, including Ant Man’s, Magneto’s, Mr. Freeze’s, and even Gambit’s! You’ll have to come out on July 23rd to learn the secrets…”
If you could have one superpower what would it be?
– “Always a good question… I have to go with a classic, to fly. And, to go with another classic, I would be Superwoman.”
What is the subject matter for the planetarium show?
– “It’s actually about flying! We will be showing Dream to Fly.”
What’s the one thing attendees need to know about the upcoming show?
– “We will have educators performing live science. Expect fire and explosions!”
Who is judging the costume contest?
– “We will have some special guests from Cosplay Collective judging the costume contest. They will have their own amazing costumes, so bring your A game!”
Are tickets still available?
– “You can still buy tickets online, on our Website. Pay $30 in advance, or get a group of 20 or more together and pay $20 each! Tickets will be available to purchase at the door for $35.”
Is there anything else you’d like to add?
– “It’s going to be a really fun night, so tell your friends and get your tickets to the Way Late Play Date, July 23rd.”
For More Information:
– Way Late Ticket Information
– Adventure Science Website