It’s finally here: Dragon Con 2014!
With so many things going on throughout the convention (during the four-day Labor Day weekend, August 29 to September 1), it’s impossible to attend all the events. However, we present some of the many things you can expect during the con. Membership tickets are still available in person, so there’s still hope to attend this great event!
– Actors from Star Trek, The X-Men, Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit trilogy will be on hand, joined by the stars of True Blood, Falling Skies, Once Upon A Time, Arrow, Mythbusters, Lost Girl, Being Human and Warehouse 13.
– Sir Patrick Stewart, Karl Urban, Ralph Macchio, Cary Elwes, Jeri Ryan, Walter Koenig and John Ratzenberger will be in attendance.
– Writer-Director James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy) and Writer-Director Terry Gilliam (Brazil, The Fisher King, 12 Monkeys) will be present
– Also noteworthy: Special appearances will be made by several actors from Joss Whedon productions, including Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dollhouse, Firefly and Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
– Annual highlights: the Dragon Con Zombie Walk & Zombie Prom, Dragon Con Parade and Dragon Con Masquerade
– expected attendance will be more than 62,000 people
– there will be many, many cosplayer group photo-ops
– hundreds of great panels
– a great artist alley
– an incredible dealers room (which is the size of nine football fields!)
– lots and lots of gaming
– MST3K Night II: Ye Medieval Boogaloo
– National Puppet Slam
– The Rocky Horror Picture Show Live
– Dragon Con Burlesque: A Glamour Geek Revue
– late-night DJ’d dances and live performances
– Video and Film Rooms
– art show
– and many, many more exhibits